COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Aug. 16, 2017) – The Space Foundation announced today that Tess Hatch, Investor, Bessemer Venture Partners, will be featured at its Space Technology & Investment Forum (ST&IF), to be held in the heart of San Francisco, Aug. 30 and 31. Hatch will deliver the Startup Showcase Introduction, leading into the Startup Showcase Reception on Aug. 30, connecting new companies with the investment community.
Other featured speakers at ST&IF will be:
- Greg Autry, Ph.D., NASA Landing Team Member and Interim White House Liaison, who will speak on the subject of “The Trump Space Policy and the Investment Climate”
- Amir Blachman, Vice President, Strategic Development, Axiom Space Company, will address how Axiom is creating the first international commercial space station to host government astronauts, private companies and individual explorers
- Janna Lewis, who manages Strategic Innovation Partnerships & Sourcing – Emerging Technologies for Facebook. She will speak about “Connecting the World: Facebook’s Mission to Bring People Closer Together” and will discuss why Facebook is in space. Lewis will also be the featured speaker for the Aug. 31 luncheon.
- Ed Swallow, Senior Vice President, Civil and Commercial Systems, at The Aerospace Corporation, who will speak on startups and the government customer
- Pete Worden, Executive Director, Breakthrough Starshot, and former Director of NASA Ames Research Center
- Thomas E. Zelibor, Space Foundation Chief Executive Officer
Discussion topics at ST&IF include:
- Big Data
- Cis-Lunar Investment
- International Investors
- Hot New Technology
- Commercialized Space Technology
ST&IF attendees are invited to participate as technical experts, advisors, mentors and service providers to facilitate new business ventures and bring big ideas to fruition.
ST&IF registration includes breakfast and lunch both days, access to the Startup Showcase Reception and a networking reception on Aug. 31. See the agenda and registration details at www.SpaceTechForum.com.
About the Space Foundation
Founded in 1983, the Space Foundation is the world’s premiere organization to inspire, educate, connect and advocate on behalf of the global space community. It is a nonprofit leader in space awareness activities, educational programs and major industry events, including the annual Space Symposium. Space Foundation headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA, has a public Discovery Center, including El Pomar Space Gallery, Northrop Grumman Science Center featuring Science On a Sphere® and the Lockheed Martin Space Education Center. The Space Foundation has a Washington, D.C., office and field representatives in Houston, Los Angeles and the Florida Space Coast. It publishes The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity, and through its Space CertificationTM and Space Technology Hall of Fame® programs, recognizes space-based innovations that have been adapted to improve life on Earth. Visit both of our websites – www.SpaceFoundation.org and DiscoverSpace.org – and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Flickr and YouTube, and read our e-newsletter Space Watch.
# # #
Space Foundation contact:
Carol Hively, Director – Public Relations & Team Communications
Source:: space foundation